Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Since Nov 17th, I have had 21 BEP chemo treatments, I have had 9 doctor visits, I have had no less than 10 nose bleeds, I've been nauseous and tired many days, and I've thrown up only two days. I must say, it could have been worse. When in treatment, there is dedication to the treatments and overall health beyond what most may expect. It is the priority and "this" has been my full time job since Nov.

During this time, I have received 12 meals from kind selfless souls. This has taken a HUGE burden from me and my family and we are very thankful. Thank you to my Mom's group, neighbors and friends for taking time away from your family to support mine!

I have gotten dozens of e-mails, facebook posts, and Mom's group message board posts to check on me and to cheer me on. This is fuel for my soul.

Since I started treatment, I have continued to I put my son to bed each night and I bathed him. I did most of the grocery shopping. I hosted both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I went to two holiday parties. I went to see the West Side Story and I worked 55 hours. I drove myself to and from all my treatments and drs appts except the first one. I bring up these items because if you ever go through chemo I want you to know life does not stop, you can go through "this" and still maintain some sort of normalcy. I may not have been operating at 100%, but dammit I tried!

Even though I'm done and I'm feeling slightly better and damn happy right now, I'm not out the woods yet so to speak. My blood levels are near critical level so I have to be careful with my nosebleeds and my anemia over the next week or so cuz I don't want another transfusion or to be hospitalized. I'm told my levels will continue to drop until about Friday as a side affect of the chemo and then start to rebound slowly.

My biggest supporter has been my husband. THANK YOU for standing by me, encouraging me, and looking at me no different than you did that first date night when we first met at the Greene Turtle! You are truly a great father, partner, friend and the love of my life!

1 comment:

Party of 5 said...

Wow, your strength and courage are amazing! Congratulations! Enjoy the celebration of being cancer free!