Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What a day...

Today, I was scheduled for my routine chemo treatment. I get the "B" part of the BEP regimen every Tuesday. It is a simple shot. Well, this appointment lasted 2hrs vs. 1, les to an ENT visit, lab work and an appointment for a transfusion tomorrow. You see, I had a bloody nose that would not stop. It started at 10am and only stopped after being treated by the ENT doctor. The nose bleed was brought on because of a cold I have had the past few days and the dry air in our house, but it would not stop because I learned that my platelets are low which is the reason for the transfusion. I was hoping to get through all my treatments without a transfusion, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening now...

All my errands, my shopping, my resting, all got put on the backburner -- all in the name of "good health." I hope tomorrow is a better day.

No comments: